Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Fourth Trimester

Throughout the pregnancy, I've done some reading about what to expect during this time and how to plan for the baby. I've read some of those typical pregnancy books that go month by month and tell you what's going on. While those are nice and informative, they're not as entertaining.

I've said in the past that I really enjoyed the funny books like "A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" by Vicki Iovine. I read it twice in the past year! Then I moved on to "A Girlfriend's Guide to Surviving the First Year" which is great to read during third trimester as you plan for your life with a baby.

I decided I needed a few child care books because I felt a little unsure about how to take care of a baby day by day. So I went to the library and came across "The Fourth Trimester" by Amy Einhorn.
Again, the perfect humorous book for a busy mom or tired PG women just looking to get some quick tips. I love that she calls it the 4th trimester because it really makes a lot of sense. You're not pregnant anymore, but you're still adjusting to being a new mom. I have a huge stack of books to get through while I lay in bed like a lazy girl, so hopefully I'll find a few more that I really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment