Monday, August 8, 2011

37 Week Update

Baby's the size of swiss chard!
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches (the length of swiss chard), head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

I had to get a few more uses out of this shirt before it's too late! It's funny that when I wore it on Saturday, I got a ton of comments about it. But more men commented on it than women! Still, it's fun to chat with people about it even though I still haven't gotten a random belly rub!

I look a little sick in this photo because I just finished throwing up. Yes, the nausea is getting worse again. It's been constant, but it creeped back to being really bad this weekend. To keep my mind off it, I was very excited to do our last baby shopping spree! We took all our returns back to the store and purchased the rest of the necessities we needed for a newborn. I had fun putting everything away and getting things organized at home. While Hubby worked on installing new light switches, I put together the new swing/bouncer. So proud of myself for doing it completely on my own! I can't say the same for the stroller car seat adapter that we're still trying to figure out!

It's very weird now that it could literally be any day. I'm starting to feel more pain and cramping on a daily basis. Every little thing makes me think IT'S TIME! I have most of my hospital bag packed with a list of all the things missing next to it. We got the video camera charged and my camera battery is next in line for charging. We also put together the Fisher Price Rock & Play that we call the "burrito bed" for Baby to sleep in next to our bed.

Getting so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment