Baby's the size of a leek!
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek) . She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Well, we know he's not 6.8 lbs, but hopefully the rest of the recap is correct. I think our prediction on eye color is hazel based on our own eye color. I did some inspecting and mine are brown while Kyle's are hazel with a very thin outer ring of green/blue at the edge. We're also thinking light brown hair when he's born.
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready and I'm really not. I don't feel mentally and emotionally prepared and I'm not dying to the point where I just want him out. For the most part, I'm still able to handle being pregnant and it's not torture yet. But Saturday night, I did decide I'm SO over the night sweats and peeing every hour. It's getting really annoying and feels so gross to be sweating so much. And unfortunately, that continues for a few weeks after so I'm nowhere near being done with that. At least the peeing should stop...soon!
We finished a lot of our major to-do list this weekend, but there's still other things I want done that I'll have to give up on for now. Now I just feel like we're kinda waiting for it to happen. I finished up my shower thank you cards and worked on filling out the baby book Friday night. It's ready to go in my hospital bag so we can get his little prints in there! Most of the bag is packed but I have a list next to it for the essentials that can't go in yet. I just remember I had a dream last night that my camera broke...good thing that was only a dream!
I still don't feel like I have any indications of going into labor any time soon, but I know it can happen any time. Every morning when we're getting dressed for work, they show first birthdays on the NBC news. We always yell, "Happy birthday, Baby!" knowing that it really could be his birthday any day!
Monday morning I went for another growth ultrasound. From what I could see, the baby is still growing just like he should. He's still small, but he's on track and everything looks like it should. The best part was that I got to see his face! It was a little easier to see on the screen, but you can see it if you turn your head to the right.

No comments:
Post a Comment