Last week, there was a goals meeting scheduled with my team at work. I kept dreading it and thinking it was going to be horribly boring. That morning, my boss and I discussed what she thought it would be about and I told her to wake me up if I fell asleep. At 3:00 on the dot, she came over with a schedule of what was going to be discussed and I took a few bites of a cinnamon roll hoping that the sugar would keep me awake.
As I walked into the room, I saw an "It's a boy!" sign on the door. WTF? A baby shower? I was so shocked that I started tearing up! I really still thought we were having the goal meeting and it was a meeting/shower combo, but I guess not!

Sneaky, sneaky! There's the 3 wonderful hostesses who planned everything for me, my coworker Andrea, and my coworker Mike whose wife is due a few weeks after me.
When I walked all the way in the room, I realized that Hubby was sitting there!
They invited our spouses! I thought that was such a cool thing! As soon as I sat down next to him I said, "Why didn't you tell me to wear something cuter today?"

The decorations were over the top! Cute baby stuff everywhere!


As I walked into the room, I saw an "It's a boy!" sign on the door. WTF? A baby shower? I was so shocked that I started tearing up! I really still thought we were having the goal meeting and it was a meeting/shower combo, but I guess not!

Sneaky, sneaky! There's the 3 wonderful hostesses who planned everything for me, my coworker Andrea, and my coworker Mike whose wife is due a few weeks after me.
When I walked all the way in the room, I realized that Hubby was sitting there!
They invited our spouses! I thought that was such a cool thing! As soon as I sat down next to him I said, "Why didn't you tell me to wear something cuter today?"
The decorations were over the top! Cute baby stuff everywhere!


I was so shocked at the sweet gifts they got us. Andrea and I are having boys and Mike is having a girl so they got us all coordinating gifts. Here's the puppy bibs and oneies.
It was such a cute idea to get all of us a book called "Guess How Much I Love You" and then they passed it around so everyone could write little messages to the baby in it.They had tons of food including two huge cakes - one for boys and one for girls

We all took turns cutting the cakes. I've been told that's a mom's job...







No comments:
Post a Comment