Sunday, July 17, 2011

34 Week Update

Baby weighs as much as a canteloupe!
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Wow, he's technically big enough to be born any time now! It's really starting to sink in now. My mind is constantly consumed with thoughts of babies. I don't even know what else to think about anymore. As I wait, I think I'm getting to the impatient waiting period now. I don't feel like starting any new big projects and I need help with so many things that I have left to do. So I just sit and wait...and wait...

I love these new photos from Kristina & Mark's wedding this weekend!
While driving to and from Moline, I was miserable. The nausea was horrible and it was so hard for me to breath. On the way back, I really felt like I didn't have enough oxygen and I started crying because I was so scared. My new promise to myself is that I can't tolerate being in the car for more than 30 minutes at a time. So no more traveling for me! But the wedding was fun and it was great to see my two roommates from college. It was also really nice to get away and spend some time with Hubby who has been working a lot of overtime.

While we waited for the hotel room to be ready, we walked (and I huffed and puffed) around the mall. Of course, I had to go look at baby clothes since there's no point in looking at clothes for me and Hubby actually enjoys this activity. I've been looking at this one outfit from Old Navy for months now, but I never buy it because it's never on sale. It's horrible to buy something full price there because it always goes on sale for super cheap. He MADE me buy it for full price!

How can you resist this?And the back!
He picked out this one that WAS on sale, so I approved.
Haha, Baby has the hiccups as I type this : ) He seems to get them about once or twice a day and I can usually feel it in my lower abdomen. He's still moving a lot and, as usual, pushing hard on my right side and just left of my belly button.

We had our 34 week appointment at the doctor this week and everything still seems to be going perfectly. The doctor expects everything to be on time as of now, so we're still going with the original due date of August 24. So close now!

No comments:

Post a Comment