
Baby weighs as much as a pineapple!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone-like head appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
It's really getting close now! Every time we go somewhere, I start to think about how next time we go, we'll be back with a baby! The stores are starting to get fall and Christmas stuff in and I'm realizing that I'll have a baby by the time that rolls around too.
Yes, I'm waddling now and, yes, I'm proud of it!
Not much nursery progress this week, but we're still *almost* done. I'm planning to work on filling nail holes from the new trim and then caulking the larger areas. I also started putting liners in the drawers and I have 6 drawers left to go. I'm hoping to get those done in the next week or two and then I can start washing things and getting them put away.
I'm on a strawberry kick again! I've got fresh ones for my morning snack every day, I baked a strawberry cake, I eat Special K with Red Berries for breakfast every day, I have berry frozen yogurt fro dessert, and I have strawberry yogurt smoothies for snacks when I get to work. Hey, at least it's healthy...except for the cake which I am eating all by myself! Here's some of my faves so I can look back and remember:

I think I've gotten through the pregnancy pretty well and without too much pain or any complications. I feel really lucky to have gotten through this much and not really have to worry about the baby's or my health once we got past the first trimester nervousness. Now the morning sickness is starting to come back and I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. It's hard for me to breathe and I get tired after standing or walking for just a short period of time. The baby is really moving a lot and it's very uncomfortable sometimes. While I don't know if I'm quite ready for him to come out, I think I'm starting to get to that point. I know he needs to stay in for another 6 weeks and he'll be healthier that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment