Sunday, June 26, 2011

31 Week Update

Baby's the size of 4 navel oranges!
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Our first baby shower in Indiana was this weekend, but I'll do a separate post for those details.
So the big drama this week was the storm that passed through. There were tornado sirens going off so I was woken up and dragged to the basement with Kitty. No terrible damage from the storm, luckily, but the power went out the next day. And the next day. And the next day. More than 3 days with no power was not fun. We had to throw out all our food in the fridge & freezer to start all over again. It was very hard to sleep when it was hot in the house and there were noisy generators running all night. The night the power went back on was the best sleep I've had in a long time!

2 giant trash bags full of foodOur poor empty fridge...

So...hot dogs! I'm lovin' em! All my friends and family think this is totally weird. I don't even usually eat red meat. But I've been really wanting a good Vienna Beef with a deli pickle on a soft bun. I think we counted that I've had 7 already this year! I'm also back to strawberries like I was a couple months ago.

Braxton Hicks slowed down a little this week and I really tried to stay hydrated. The weekend was more difficult since drinks weren't always accessible and I forget that I should keep something with me at all times. I definitely need to work on that...

Sunday we went to the breastfeeding class at the hospital. 2.5 hours of breastfeeding information is a little much, but it was helpful to learn more about it. I'd rather be a little more informed before having a baby and jumping in. I learned some things I didn't know before so it was definitely worthwhile. I can't believe that the next time we'll be at that hospital will be when I'm in labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment