Sunday, June 5, 2011

28 week update & lots of bump pics

Baby's the size of a Chinese cabbage!
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Here's the 28 week bump! How weird that I'm wearing my college graduation party dress that I bought 7 years ago!

Oh how things have changed in just a week! I went from happily comfortable to a wiggling baby that is trying to break free. I went from hardly any pain to having a hard time doing anything because the baby is hurting me.
Of course, I'm still so happy to be here. I'm just shocked at how quickly this all changes. Now I get the whole 3rd trimester pain. I have a hard time walking and sitting sometimes because there's so much pressure on my bladder and belly. There are some times when my belly feels so full that I feel like I'm going to pop at any second. Just a few bites of food and I feel like I ate a 5-course meal. I seriously think my belly button is going to go "pop" any second now. Just this week it started getting more difficult to sleep because he's moving so much. And here he goes now as I type this...

Perfect shirt for the occasion!No big food things this week. I'm more full than anything so I don't really have any desires for certain things. I'm getting more and more thirsty, but I can never think of anything good I want to drink besides club soda. Beer is looking awfully thirst-quenching though...

As for the good things, I love the summer weather we're getting now. I can wear flip flops and tank tops all the time! The heat is a little harder to breathe in than usual, but I still love it. It took a lot of guts, but I finally got the nerve to wear my first dress. I felt so naked in this when I put it on in the morning before work, but it got better throughout the day. As much as I'm a girly girl, I don't like dresses because it feels like I forgot to put my pants on or something. I'm feeling better about it after wearing this, so I might try it again next week.
We've made a lot of progress on the baby's room this weekend too. Lots of crafts and renovations on their way to being done!

No comments:

Post a Comment