
Baby's the size of a squash!
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
Yeah, he's starting to get pretty big! People are making comments to me all the time now and even strangers are coming up to me when I'm out. I was kinda waiting for this to happen since I'm a late bloomer : ) I'm reading that he's going to double or triple in weight by the time he's born and I just don't see how he's even going to fit! My skin feels like it's going to rip now, so I can't imagine it in a couple months!
This week has been a little better in terms of pain and being comfortable. I'm learning more how to cope with the huge belly and how to avoid feeling so stuffed all the time. My chronic cough and allergies both have surprisingly gotten better so that's a nice perk.
We had our hospital tour on Saturday! There was a presentation first that went through a lot of the information and questions. Then we had a bathroom break (I love that they schedule that into the tour!) And then we walked around to see labor & delivery, the nursery, and the recovery rooms. It was nice to see that all the rooms were private with a bathroom and shower and flat screen tv. I really enjoyed going to see the hospital and it made me feel better knowing what to expect and where we would be.
It's already almost the middle of June and the time is going by so fast. He's going to be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment