I was reading a blog this morning and it really made me think.
Have you ever noticed that as you grow older you lose that happy, carefree spirit you used to have as a kid? You become so serious, mature, and anxious about everything and you forget how you used to laugh, run around, and enjoy every little moment. Your biggest problem was if you wanted Kraft mac & cheese for dinner and your mom made hot dogs instead. Or you fell off your bike and skinned your knee...and then forgot about it 2 minutes later when your favorite cartoon came on tv. Remember that?
I think we all wish we could go back to that place. I sure do. Looking back, I can see myself laughing, running around outside, playing on the playground for hours, doing craft after craft, and being silly. Why can't I still be like that anymore?
I think we need to try harder to get back to that place sometimes. Easier said than done, I'm sure...especially for someone like me who has to be a planner and is always worrying about one thing or another. I hope that I'll get back to this place as I watch my baby go through the same thing I did. I want to watch him live a carefree childhood and I want to experience it with him. I want him to go on the swings and say, "Mommy, push me harder!" like I used to do. I want to see him grab his crayolas and draw me picture after picture and be so proud of his work. I want to watch him giggle and smile at the tiniest thing because it makes him happy. I want him to have those happy childhood moments that I had and I want to go through it again with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment