Monday, May 30, 2011

27 week update


Baby's the weight of a head of cauliflower!
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Third trimester! We're down to double-digits and it's going quickly! Belly is getting bigger every day and I'm feeling more like a whale. Last week I was so concerned about him not moving enough, but this weekend he's been wiggling like crazy. No more worries needed because he's more active than ever!

Not too much going on this week, but it's been nice to enjoy things and have more energy. I've been working on some crafts for the baby's room and having more time to do some cooking. Hopefully the energy will keep up for awhile so I can enjoy it while it lasts! I'm usually still asleep before the sun goes down, but I have more motivation to do things.

I've spent hours and hours working on my registry...probably too much. I feel like every decision is so important and I want to make sure I have everything I need when I need it. The one thing that was haunting me was the bottles. No matter how many hours I spent looking online and at the store, I was still baffled as to what I should use. I *think* I finally decided this week and I'm glad to have that over with. I'm sure 3 months from now I'm going to laugh when I read this, but it was a difficult decision!

Healthwise, I've been pretty good besides the chronic cough. It's starting to get really annoying, but I'm dealing with it. I'm still the same weight which is up 13 pounds from BFP...feels like a lot more though!

My food cravings this week have been pretty typical. I bought some ice cream sandwiches, but I only ate 1. Blackberries have been super yummy for a snack and I'm downing club soda like crazy. I also had a Superdawg hot dog with a pickle on Friday and was shocked at how good it was! I think we'll have to go back there soon. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment