Baby's the size of a cucumber!The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
It's been awhile since my last bump pic. Here I am! Officially have a bump sticking out farther than the boobs now...thanks, Hubby, for reminding me of this.
Just like before, the baby measures right at 26 weeks which is perfect. Will people ever stop being shocked at my size? Probably not. I'm kinda over it and used to it already.
Anyway, the food of the week is cheese fries! We had Fuddruckers cheese fries a few weeks ago and I couldn't stop thinking about them over the weekend! It's a little far for a quick dinner, so I tried to find somewhere else that had them. Total fail when we went to Michael's Red Hots instead. They have good food, but the cheese fries were VERY disappointing. I think next week we're going to have to make the drive or try somewhere else if I still want them. I've also been wanting frozen yogurt, so on Sunday we went to Jason's to have free ice cream. Can't beat that!
We worked on the baby's room this weekend and made some progress. Saturday, I did touch-ups on the paint and Hubby started painting the windows. On Sunday, we put together the crib and then bought trim for the windows and doors. Seeing the crib in the room makes it so real now. Every time I walk by, I see it and realize this is going to happen soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment