Baby's the size of an ear of corn!Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
I also read on my pregnancy app that he can hear everything going on around him. That means he's probably getting a headache from all my coughing, sniffling, and sneezing. I'm still sick, but getting better slowly. I feel bad that he has to hear all that crap going on!
On Friday, we went to see Fast 5 at the movie theater (haven't gone in years!) and I felt really pregnant when I couldn't even sit comfortably in those seats. My belly was too big, my pants were too tight, and everything felt constricted. Now I see what it's like to have that big belly in the way! I ended up laying with my feet across Hubby's upper legs, leaning onto the next seat, and trying to stay awake way past my bedtime.
Baby has been getting much more active this week. He's starting to wiggle more and we can see him move around. He likes to play when I'm laying down, on my left side, and when I'm driving. It makes my commute home a little more enjoyable when I get to feel him wiggling around but then I wonder if maybe he's feeling smushed between my pants and the seatbelt! When we were at Babies R Us on Saturday looking at some of the things we wanted to register for, we stopped by the cutest little bath towels. I liked the yellow and green ones and Hubby liked the blue and red crab ones. When I picked the package up to take a closer look, Baby did a little wiggle and I decided he liked the crab ones. Plus, I agree, they're way cuter!
No comments:
Post a Comment