Monday, May 16, 2011

25 week update

Baby's the size of a rutabaga!
His fingerprints have now formed. Your baby's first bowel movement has been forming in the large intestine. The thick, dark poop is called meconium and it's typically excreted shortly after he's born. Get ready to kiss your petite little belly goodbye soon (if you haven't already) -- your uterus is growing big-time! It is now about the size of a soccer ball. As your uterus continues to expand upward -- the top is nearly midway between your breasts and belly button now -- your middle will grow longer and wider.

WTF is a rutabaga? This size means nothing to me! Just for giggles, I googled it and Wikipedia says it's a root vegetable that originated as a cross between cabbage and a turnip. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable. Good to know...

Anyway, not too much going on in the rutabaga phase this week. Baby is kicking a lot and that's been fun to feel. He usually has a crazy few minutes every night when I'm laying in bed. It feels like he's kicking and screaming, "Let me out!" and then he goes back to sleep.

I've been feeling pretty good lately and I'm mostly over my cold. Migraines are getting more rare and morning sickness is still there, but less than it was before. I seem to have a little more energy, but not the huge amount people always talk about. More like I can stay awake until 8 now instead of 7 or 7:30! I think my weight is pretty good and I'm up 13 pounds now. I hate getting on that scale and seeing a number I've never seen before, but I'm happy with the progress.

On to the food...I have changed from cantaloupe to bananas and blackberries. This is partly because I got sick of having to beg Hubby to cut my cantaloupe all the time. Bananas and blackberries are easy for me to prepare myself. Apparently, I don't cut cantaloupe correctly. I'm still into Chipotle burritos, but didn't have one this week. Instead, I really wanted a tamale so we went over to Grande Jake's for dinner on Friday. I also bought some tamales from Trader Joe's so we could have a fun Mexican night at home. I really wanted a panini from Panera too, but I didn't get one of those either.

101 days left of pregnancy and last night was the first time I begged Hubby to go out and get me food. I wanted ice cream so I went down to get an ice cream sandwich from the freezer. The box was empty! I was all ready for my ice cream and was disappointed that it wasn't there! It wasn't even that I had a craving...it was more that I wanted some dessert and something thirst quenching and ice cream sounded like it might be tasty. Turns out, Hubby was thinking the same thing so he ran over and got us Ben & Jerry's during half time of the Bulls game. YUM : )

We're making progress on the baby's room and I'm so excited! This weekend, painting began and it looks super cute! I also picked up a few accessories and wall art that I think will match. I'm hoping to get things put together in the next few weeks so I can see how it looks and decide on the rest of the decorating soon.

Looking forward (but not) to my glucose test tomorrow. I just like going to the doctor because I can hear the heartbeat and beg for an ultrasound like a crazy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment