As of last night, the pacifier is gone!
It happened accidentally, but who cares?! Connor woke up yesterday morning and he couldn't find his bobo. It just popped into my head to tell him that the Bobo Fairy took it to give to a baby. He seemed a little unsure about it, but he got distracted by a book and walked away.
That night, he asked for it once and Dada told him something about how he was a big boy and the Fairy took it. Again, he got distracted and forgot about it. I was nervous for the first 30 minutes or so after we put him to bed, but he did awesome! No mention of it and he went right to sleep.
In the morning, I realized he went all night without it!
I was so worried about this transition and thought it would be a huge tantrum with lots of fighting, but it went so smoothly. The timing might be good or bad depending on how you look at it. My idea was to do the pacifier first and then the new bed after he was comfortable, but it ended up working out to be at the same time. He's getting his new bed this weekend, so maybe just combining the whole "big boy" thing will work in our favor.
I'm also super happy to still have our little "sleep through the night" guy and I can only hope that it will continue once he has his new bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment