Another week done! 35 & 35 has passed and I'm almost at 36 weeks now! It really is starting to feel like it could happen any time too. I'm trying to finish up a lot of things at work and get everything at home ready. I started working on a hospital bag and have a list put together now.
I'm guessing it won't be for a few more weeks, but I'm starting to get little urges that it could happen.
Last night at dinner, I started getting more regular contractions and they hurt a little. I didn't record them, but luckily, they stopped after a bit and things calmed down. I've been resting all weekend in bed to keep my feet from swelling and to keep the contractions down. The swelling is RIDICULOUS now. It shocks me how each day is worse than the one before and it's starting to get painful to even walk or drive by the end of a long day because the skin is so stretched. I'm starting to see it a little in my fingers, so I'm guessing I don't have much longer with my rings. I really would love to keep them on the whole time, but it's not looking good at this point.
I'm trying to make an effort to start eating a little better if I can. I'm already heavier than I was when Connor was born :( I know my health issues contributed to this and it's not all my fault, but it kinda sucks. I'm getting a little more into fruit and salads like I was at the beginning, so that's a good start. I'm kind of prepping my brain for the fact that I have 1 month left before I really will need to start eating better and I'm actually excited to be able to get outside and take walks. On a beautiful day like today, it kills me that I have to sit inside in bed!
There are now those bad days when I'm starting to feel so sick and tired like I remember at the end from last time. I know it's coming where I can't even keep my eyes open, but I hope that holds off for a bit! I'm really, really pushing to slow down at work and I worked super hard during the last week to get things done in case it does happen soon.
I think I'm starting to be mentally ready for this to happen soon. It still feels surreal, but I think I can handle it at this point without being completely in shock. It's still crazy that I'm going to be the mom of TWO kids. When did I turn into a real adult? I love being Connor's mom and this is going to be a whole new journey with a baby girl to add to the family.



No comments:
Post a Comment