Unfortunately, Daddy also started getting worse and his cough was beginning to sound like mine. Friday night, he wasn't feeling good and I had to be strong and hang out with Connor while I was sick. On Saturday morning, Connor went over to Grandma & Grandpa's so Daddy and I could go back to the doctor. At my follow-up, the doctor said the medicine should be helping and I'll start to feel better soon. My cough was much better so it was really just the pain that was horrible. Daddy got a check-up and chest x-ray, and luckily, he doesn't have pneumonia. He just has a bad cough and cold, so he got some meds. This wasn't really my idea of a child-free date, but it was nice to spend some time together even if we were at the doctor :) We picked up our meds and then went home to nap. That nap was the best nap I've had in years! (And probably one of the only naps I've had in a long, long time!) We rested all afternoon although I did miss Connor and his little giggles all day.
Connor came home for dinner and we played while Daddy rested in bed. I'm sad that we hardly got any photos during the past week, but I was so busy with being sick and spending time in doctor's offices. I think I spent about 8 hours total just in the past week!
Playing with the dinosaur ball popper...
Adventures with an empty diaper box...
On Sunday, we went over to the grocery store in the morning. Mommy and Daddy haven't had much of an appetite so we kept putting it off! Since Mommy was feeling a little better and wanted to get out, I took Connor over to a little craft fair. I took some photos, but he looks mad in them, so I deleted them. He was really tired, but he was very patient while we walked around and looked at crafts. He tried on a bunch of fun crocheted hats, but we didn't buy any because they didn't look very warm for winter.
When we got home, he took a LONG 3 hour nap (!!) and then got picked up by Grandma & Grandpa again. They drove over to visit Great Grandma & Grandpa, so that was a big treat for them! I heard he played with tupperware and a plastic ladle in the floor and had a blast! While Connor was away, we got more time to rest and start to feel better.Now that it's Sunday night, I think we're both starting to feel better. I'm still on a ton of medicine, but I'm happy to be able to go back to work and be able to move around again. Daddy is still not feeling so good, but I think he's feeling good enough for work. Times like these are really nice to have family nearby because we really needed that rest time to recuperate.
You guys just can't catch a break this season, can you? I had to laugh at your date to the doctor's. Isn't it funny how the definition of dates change once we have kids?
ReplyDeleteHope that you all continue to feel better, soon!!!