Monday, August 13, 2012

My First Night Away

Aunt Julie's bachelorette party was over the weekend and it was my first night away from Connor. Leading up to it, I was fine and I didn't get too emotional over it. Right before I was getting ready to leave, Connor started crying and I felt bad leaving him. Once I got to the party, I called to check in once and it sounded like they were having a fun boys night.

I had a massive pumping session at about 5:30 to make up for missing his feedings and that worked well. I knew there was no way I was going to pump again after getting back from the bars later that night. I tried to keep baby talk out of conversation as much as possible, but as a proud mommy, I let it slip a few times.

The next morning, I woke up super early before anyone else and felt like crap. But I couldn't stop thinking about how I was missing my little guy. I was so sick, but I made it home and ran upstairs. When I turned the corner, I saw him smiling and crawling towards me as fast as he could go. He looked like such a big boy and he was so cute in just his diaper. I burst into tears! He came in for a big hug and I cried even more! I'm not really sure why I cried...I think it was built up emotions, seeing him look so big, and missing him that morning when I woke up. It was also great to see him happy and smiley again after feeling sick for the past few days.

Daddy was super helpful all day while I nursed my hangover and spent some quality time with Connor. We both took naps in the afternoon, he helped me do laundry, and we took a little walk around the neighborhood.

I'm glad I went and had this experience away, but it's not something I plan on doing all the time. I miss him too much!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, that is so sweet how much you missed him (I totally understand)! Thats great they had a fun boys night though.

    ReplyDelete