Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not feeling it this week

For the most part, I've accepted my life as a working mom and I'm used to the routine. But I have random days when I get sad and wish I could be at home. This week is just particularly hard for some reason.

I've been chatting with a few SAHMs in the past few days and that's probably making this feeling worse. Today, I just wish I could be one of them. I'm jealous that they get to snuggle all day with their babies and do whatever they want. Even cleaning and cooking sounds great right now. I'm jealous of the playdates and photos they post online. Why we be a part of that? Whoever says the weekends are a great way to recharge and spend time with your child doesn't understand how weekends work now. Weekends are the time when you have to catch up on all the crap you didn't get to during the week because you work and you're constantly sick or tired. When do we get to just have fun?

Anyway, I have no motivation to work today. Being creative is not even an option when I feel like this. Would anyone notice if I take a nap in the pumping room today?

No comments:

Post a Comment