I've been dreading doing this. It sounded so hard to transition from the Rock & Play to the crib. It's so easy to have him sleep next to me when his pacifier falls out or when he starts to cry. I know he needs to sleep in the crib to get ready for daycare, but I really didn't want to have to deal with the crying and running back and forth down the hall.
Last night, NBC was out in our bedroom so I couldn't watch my show in there. I decided to hang out in Connor's room while I watched. And I figured I might as well rock him to make him sleepy while I was in there.
I had a migraine so I turned off the lights and he started to get sleepy. After a tight swaddle, I put him in his crib with his paci and some white noise on. It took a few tries to get him to calm down, but he ended up falling asleep.
It was so funny to spy on him with the monitor. For every little wimper, I would turn the video on to see if he was awake. We spent a couple hours watching tv in bed and it felt so weird not to have the little man with us...a little sad, but also a really nice break that we haven't had in 10 weeks.
I figured he would be back in our room sometime during the night. After the first feeding at 2 am, I put him back in his crib and left. I had to run back once or twice to get his paci during the next half hour. I heard some wimpering, but nothing too crazy. I think I ended up falling asleep after about 30 minutes of listening to him.
In the morning, when he woke up at 6, I was shocked that we made it the whole night! He ended up taking his morning nap in our bed instead of his crib, but that worked out fine.
I have no idea if we'll be able to continue this from now on, but we'll try!
Good job, munchkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment