Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 11 and the end of SAHM

The 11th week of your life is a big one for me because it's my last week of maternity leave. I'll officially be a working mom on the day you turn 12 weeks old. This week, I really tried to treasure every minute that we had together.

We spent a lot of time playing this week and introducing you to some of your toys I've been saving. You're moving so much that it's getting harder to get good photos of you! They're all blurry!
I love the smile!

The squeaker on Sophie scared you a little, so we'll put that one back for awhile...

I had a few crafts to finish up this week, so you hung out on the yellow blanket in the craft room.

Your left hand! How funny that you found your left hand when your left-handed Mommy was working on crafts!

Showing off your new discovery!

This week, we met up with our new mom group at Potbelly. It was great to meet some new moms and babies AND a new addition that's younger than you! It was weird seeing a baby that was smaller than you and really makes me see how much you've grown. Anyway, we took over a few huge tables in the middle of the restaurant and attracted quite a lot of attention. I'm really going to miss these outings and meeting so many other nice people.
By Friday, I was starting to get sad as it got more real that we only had a few days left together. I took tons of pictures of you while we snuggled in bed.


You fell asleep in my "spot."



One of the other big things we did this week was your first big boy bath & shower! I don't have any photos, but we had a really fun time. I filled up our bath tub with a few inches of water and we both got in. You absolutely loved getting water poured on you and floating while I held you. On Sunday, you took a shower with Daddy! I don't think you enjoyed it as much, but as usual, you loved getting dried off and snuggling in your towel.

I promised I wouldn't turn this post into a sob fest, so I'm ending here. I love you.

1 comment: