Everyone at work kept asking how I was doing. All day, I said it wasn't as bad as I thought. I told them I haven't cried and I'm not too tired.
Fast forward to yesterday (day 2) in the afternoon
I just left a meeting at 4 and was on my way back to my desk to pack up and go home. I passed my boss and she said there was a meeting that we weren't originally invited to that was pretty important. I felt like I should be there so I ran over to the conference room. It was important, so I'm glad I was there, but I kept staring at the clock. I was thinking if I leave by 5, I'll be fine and I'll be home in time to feed the baby. The meeting was supposed to end at 4:30, but everyone kept talking. I figured I was fine and was out of the office by 5. But then there was traffic...lots of it. I forgot how bad it was when I left the office at 5. I was hurrying to get home and doing my usual Chicago-style driving.
When I walked in the door, there was my little man in my husband's arms with a smile on his face. But why was he smiling? He's usually cranky and hungry at 5:45. He just had a bottle. Crap. I guess I didn't make it clear that by feeding him a bottle, I still have to pump and that means I only got to breastfeed once the entire day. I was hurrying around to try to make dinner, find time to pump, clean the litter box, get bottles ready, get packed for tomorrow, and keep the baby occupied. I was feeling super overwhelmed and the migraine didn't help.
As I got Connor in his pajamas, I started to cry. This is what I thought it would be like. Overwhelming, stressful, etc. By the time I got everything done, I was already an hour past when I needed to pump. Connor was super tired and needed to be in bed by 6:30. My migraine was raging. I ended up pumping once instead of twice and going to bed at 7:45.
So day 2 - not so good once I got home. But for day 3, I started out with some migraine medicine when I woke up, so hopefully, it will be a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment