Once the bleeding was slower, I put some gauze and tape on it and we calmed him down. He was pretty emotional and just seemed a little overwhelmed with what just happened. (Daddy thought he hit the scar where he got stitches before and it opened up, but it wasn't until later when we removed the bandages that we realized it was a new cut on the side.)
Since we were all still in pajamas, we quickly got dressed and headed back to the immediate care hospital. (I've been there 4 times in the past 1.5 months, so I think they know me by now.) We got really lucky that we were there before they even opened, so we were able to get right in without waiting. Connor was in good spirits by the time we got into the exam room, so he didn't let his injury bother him at all! The doctor let us decide if we wanted glue or stitches like last time and we decided on the stitches because we thought there wouldn't be as much of a chance of him opening the wound or picking at it. Just like last time, they had to strap him down while they did the stitches. He was a brave little guy and got through it like a champ! He was all smiles after the 3 new stitches!
We waited for the doctor to make sure he seemed fine before we left. Keeping a toddler busy in a doctor's exam room is quite a challenge! Those plastic bins of hazardous materials look way too tempting! Luckily, I had snacks and raisins in my bag for him. :)
He needed some extra naps just from all the craziness with the stitches, and he was adorable sleeping on Daddy on Black Friday afternoon.
This outfit with the Kermit bandaid and Kermit t-shirt is becoming his new injured uniform. If he has to wear a bandaid, I decided he needs some cute ones to match his clothes :)
All in all, it was a pretty big scare, but we were glad it wasn't any worse than 3 stitches. I feel horrible that he's always sick or hurt, but he's such a crazy little guy! It's hard to keep our eye on him every single second when he still doesn't understand that he's not supposed to be in certain places. A few hours after the stitches, I went online and order one more giant gate that we can use in the bedroom around the treadmill and weights. :::sigh::: Sometimes, it's really hard being a parent. I just want him to be safe all the time!
Total Stitches Count: 7
Wow what a way to spend thanksgiving. Poor Connor. I'm glad he's ok. He's such a tough guy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a tough little guy Connor is turning out to be. I can't believe that you have had to take him in for stitches twice now! Good job staying calm and getting it taken care of.
ReplyDeleteAww poor little guy, he's a little rough one isn't he, but he's always got that big smile on his face!
ReplyDelete