Friday, October 26, 2012

Goodbye...

I'm saying goodbye to my breastpump!

It's been a long (but also short) 14 months and it's time for you to go down to the basement with all the other baby crap we've acumulated over the past year.

It's a little hard, but this actually was not planned.  (What? Lisa didn't plan something in advance?)  It just sort of happened by accident and I'm doing okay with it.  Crap just got in the way at work and I was super stressed out for the past few weeks.  I was having a hard time getting things done without working a lot of overtime and missing special moments with my boy.  A couple times, I skipped a pumpkin session just so I could have that extra 25 minutes to work.  Then, there was a day when I only pumped a couple ounces which is not normal for me at all.  One of the teachers at daycare supposedly asked if we were switching to completely cow's milk soon because he does so well on it.  So all those things combined just kind of evolved into me attempting to cut out my morning pump at work.

The first few days, I was shocked that my body adapted so quickly and I also got a lot more done at work.  I did miss that relaxing break time during the day so I may or may not have spent a little time hanging out in the bathroom on my cell phone just to reminisce about those nice workday breaks.  But I also got all my work crap done so I didn't have to work late and miss dinner and play time with Connor.

So I guess I did okay with the transition and it was the right thing to do at the time.  Of course, I still nurse him in the morning and at night, so I still have that special bonding time each day.  It's also really nice to finally start in on that freezer stash that's been taking up way too much space!  And as everyone said, Connor is fine and he's thriving.  Stupid Mommy guilt, but it was worth it for that extra time with him!

2 comments:

  1. You can always give him the bottle. You would be surprised. t takes his bottle better from me than anyone else. He self weened so we have been using the stash and mixing it with whole milk (which he has an allergy to) and he did great. Due to his allergy we are trying soy milk right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for making it this far, you've done so much better than most and it's really tough to stick to that. I admire you for sticking it out so long.

    ReplyDelete