Friday, October 19, 2012

Weekend Shopping

Somehow, I lost this post during the last few days and I just found it now.  Better late than never and it's TGIF again!

After many, many busy weekends, it was really nice to have a weekend where I got to get some much-needed shopping done and spend some time with my little pumpkin.  We went to the mall on Saturday morning so I could look for some new boots.  Let me tell you, I've decided that boot shopping for someone with skinny legs is 100x worse than swimsuit shopping.  But anyway, it was fun to take him out and browse the mall...

He made quite an impression in the Nordstrom shoe section with his pumpkin butt!  He cruised the couches and tables until he started grabbing these designer sparkly beaded stilettos and putting them in his mouth.  Umm, not good.
 
They happened to have a little Halloween kids event going on in the middle of the mall, so we stopped for a Pumpkin Spice Frap and then headed over.  All the people working there were dressed up and this one guy had one of those hats that looks like a dead animal.  He came over to us and let Connor pet his skunk hat.  I swear, Connor thought it was a real animal and pet it!
On Sunday, I was hoping for a nice day for a walk and some fun at the park, but it rained and there was actually a tornado warning.  Before the storm, Connor and I went to Ikea.  I figured it was a good place to waste some time and it gave him a place to play so we weren't stuck in the house.  He loved all the little toys they had out to play with!  I was shocked at how many other parents had the same idea as me because there were toddlers and little kids everywhere!
They had this little slide that he loved.  I know he plays on a slide at daycare, but I haven't seen him in action, so I wanted to see for myself.
And since we were at Ikea, we browsed and picked up a few things to start decorating the upstairs hallway.  I want to do a gallery wall-type of thing with family photos.  For all the many times I've been to Ikea, I've never actually eaten there, but their food always smells great.  Since Connor was with me, we stopped for a little lunch of mac & cheese and veggies.  The kids meals are pretty big so we ended up sharing one.  I don't know why, but I loved being able to share a meal with my little guy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment