Yep, Connor is the proud owner of 4 brand new stitches on his forehead.
Yesterday was a hard day in our family. Connor was in daycare for not even 10 minutes when he climbed on a little table and fell off. As soon as Daddy got the phone call, he rushed over to check on the little guy. He called me at work and we met over at the emergency clinic.
I gave him a big hug as soon as I saw him! My poor baby! (I don't want to get into the fact that the clinic made us wait over 2 hours with a bleeding head injury on a baby while they let all the people with coughs in first) He was a little crabby while we waited, but we did laps of crawling and walking down the hallways to keep him occupied.
About an hour into the wait, he bumped his head on Daddy's shoulder and started bleeding everywhere! Once we got that under control with tons of gauze, we gave him a little snack (saved by Mommy's purse of good stuff!) and waited for the doctor. The doctor confirmed that he did need stitches or glue, but stitches would be a better option for a baby who might pick at the wound.
It was awful watching as they had to strap him into this little baby straight jacket swaddle thing and he screamed. I gently rubbed his tummy and shushed him while the doctor stitched him up and the nurse held his head. He got 4 little stitches and a nice big band-aid to cover them up. When we let him out of the "swaddle," he reached right for me and wanted to snuggle.
He passed out on the drive home and then took a long nap in his bed and still wearing his coat! To make him feel better, we took a long walk on his bike and stopped at the playground. He really didn't even notice the band-aid, but I was freaked out that he would bump it and it would start bleeding again.
We spent the afternoon together and I felt a little better about everything that happened. I don't blame the daycare at all, but I'm just sad that he had to go through that trauma.
Waiting for Daddy to get home (with a Kitty photo bomb)
Waiting at the clinic before stitches...



Oh my goodness. I can't imagine. The poor little guy. We haven't had any stitches here, yet, but we have had so many close calls. It just takes the right timing. I can't believe that you had to wait that long. I wouldn't have been very happy about that. Hope he heals up quickly.
ReplyDeleteOh no!! Poor Connor! Benjamin has a few big eggs on his head... All from when I was right there watching him too. I'm glad Connors ok now. How traumatic for all of you! I cant believe that they made you all wait 2 hours though!
ReplyDelete