I was very excited to be a part of The Big Latch On 2012. Since I've been breastfeeding for almost a year (!), it was fun to celebrate at this event and help promote a good cause.

We all arrived at 10 am to get ready for the 10:30 latch. They gave out a bunch of freebies including mango pouches which Connor was more interested in playing with than eating from.
We all sat in a big room and chatted while the kids played together on the floor. It was really fun to meet some other moms who I had a lot in common with. Connor made sure to meet all of the other babies nearby!

At 10:30, we all latched on and everyone that was latched held up a little ticket that they collected for the count. It was pretty interesting to see all the different ages of children and the different ways the babies latched on and reacted to being fed. I think I'm very lucky that Connor does his business and is fairly easy about it. Some of the others were more snackers or big whiners while they were being fed. There was even a set of twins being fed at the same time! (Very, very cool to see)
After the feeding, they did some trivia and giveaways. I didn't win anything too exciting, but I did get some free Medela things and Bamboobies! I'm excited to try those out after I wash them. I was honored to be a part of this great event and it was a really nice way to bond with other moms. :)

What a cool event! I am so proud to have been breastfeeding for over 8 months now. (I didn't BF with Chloe) so this is an whole new experience!
ReplyDeleteHow cool! What a fun way to connect with other breastfeeding moms.
ReplyDeleteI remember wanting to do that last year during this time but never did. So awesome you made it this far!
ReplyDelete