Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another doctor visit

Poor Connor was back at the doctor last night. His nose started getting runny and I knew it was another ear infection. We waited almost an hour to see the doctor, but he was very patient and kept busy playing in the waiting room. He entertained the others that were waiting with his giggles, showing off how he stands, and crawling to the nurses.
Once we got in, the doctor confirmed that it was another minor ear infection in both ears. She said if he gets another one, we're going to have to meet to discuss tubes. If he can go 3 months without one, he's fine. Judging from past experience, he's never gone 3 months without one unless you count birth to the first 3 months of his life.

I figured this news was coming, but now it feels more real. I can't get the imagine of seeing him cry in a little hospital gown out of my head. I know it's going to help him, but it's going to be hard to see him so upset and in pain...

1 comment:

  1. Poor Connor (and poor you)! Sorry you have to go through this. Try not to stress about it now. Hopefully he wont get an ear infection again and if he does it wont be the end of the world. (although I know it is the end of the world when it is your kid crying and in pain. Chloe was sick for what seemed like an entire year straight with strep throat. It was the worst year ever. She was 3. She ended up getting her tonsils and adnoids out and although it was super scary for me and her it was the best decision I ever made. She has been very healthy since with the exception of a few colds and the flu once.

    ReplyDelete