You know those paranoid moms that obsessed over every little thing? They read every book and listen to every word suggested. They freak out if someone doesn't wash their hands before holding their baby. If the pacifier falls on the floor, they put it in the dishwasher before their baby touches it again. They worry about taking their baby out when they're still young.
A lot of people have told me they thought I would be a paranoid mom.
I am NOT.
And that's actually a little shocking!
I'm more obsessed with the clothes I put on my baby than worried about germs.
Maybe that's a good thing though. With my anxiety and depression issues in the past, it's pretty shocking that I'm so relaxed about this stuff. If the paci falls on the floor, I wipe it off and give it back to him. If I hand him to someone else to hold, the thought of washing hands does not even cross my mind. I haven't touched any of the baby care books since before giving birth and I don't feel like I need them right now.
Wow, even writing this is shocking me because it's so not like myself to be that way. Maybe Connor has really changed me and the way I view things in life now. Whatever did it, it's pretty nice not to be stressed and worrying all the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment