Connor is a sucker. He'll suck on anything he can find to satisfy himself. I'd prefer that he suck on his hand or a finger, but he doesn't realize he has control of his hands and then pulls them out of his mouth. Last week, he would not go to sleep no matter what we did and we had to try the pacifier so we wouldn't pull out hair out. I did NOT want to do it! But luckily, it worked and we were able to get some sleep.
The pacifier is such a hard thing. I know some parents hate them and some love them. I don't really care about anyone else's opinion because we all do what works best for our child. I try not to use it as much as possible. But there are times when I know nothing will calm him down besides that little piece of rubber. Honestly, I feel like he's going to be sucking his thumb or addicted to the pacifier until he's like 8, so why not mix it up?
So now we are using it, but I try not to make a habit of it. It's for the times when I'm going crazy and don't know what else to do to get him to calm down.
No comments:
Post a Comment