Today I had lunch with my friend Christina and she was telling me about her daughter who loves certain songs while they drive in the car. So tonight, Connor started getting fussy and cranky and I decided we should introduce him to some music besides baby lullabies.
I rocked him in the chair in our bedroom and grabbed by phone to turn on I <3 Radio. I went through a bunch of random genres of music to see how he would react. When Mariah Carey came on, he started to smile! Then Hubby warned him that he should NOT like Mariah like I do. So Connor started fussing and shaking his head uncontrollably until his pacifier went flying. He seemed to enjoy "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry and Justin Timberlake and stopped crying for those songs. But his favorite was definitely "Hotel California" by the Eagles. I turned on the lyrics and sang along to the whole song and he loved it!
Good taste for a 4 week old baby!
aha, this is awesome! :) i'm telling you, if you stick with one song (they LOVE and thrive on repetition), soon that song will be able to calm him in an instant! :)
ReplyDelete