Thursday, February 3, 2011

11 week update

Baby's the size of a lime!
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

This week we had our 11 week check-up with the doctor. As usual, I got more and more freaked out as the day approached. Luckily, everything went perfectly and the baby looks great! During the ultrasound, at first, the baby was all curled up in a ball (takes after Kitty). After hearing the heartbeat and printing out some pictures, the doctor noticed that the baby was wiggling and waving a hand! It was amazing to see! So happy : )
Could it be? Is my morning sickness starting to get better? I'm probably jinxing it! Friday was the first day I noticed that it wasn't as bad. I was all ready with my crackers and water and never needed them! Saturday and Sunday I was still sick, but not nearly as bad as it used to be!

Foods have not been fun this week. I'd been eating a yogurt every single day for about 2 months. On Monday, I was in the middle of eating one when I decided it looked absolutely disgusting and now I can't go near them. I don't have a taste for much of anything except carbs, but I did eat my protein-filled tofu and muffins as promised. Saturday I was dying for lox & bagels so we had to go out and get some for dinner. Mmmm...

Everything is going great this week and the countdown to second trimester has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment