Sunday, February 20, 2011

13 Week Update

Baby's the size of a peach
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy.

A new baby photo! This week we had our NT scan for genetic testing and we had to go to a different office to have the test done. The ultrasound machine was really high-tech so we were able to see a lot more detail on the baby. Ears, nose, arms, legs, even brain hemispheres! It was an amazing sight and I felt so much more confident seeing a full body in there. We played hooky a little bit from work and went to Noodles for lunch after to celebrate. As son as I got back to work, I scanned the photo and showed it off for everyone to see. Such a proud mommy : )

The bump is making some progress this week too. I know it's small, but I can see it. I'm feeling a little more confident about showing it off so I'm starting to wear tighter clothes again. STILL need more jeans so I'm suffocating myself in the tight ones until more sizes come in.
My nausea was back and almost worst than ever this week. I'm not sure what happened because I thought it was getting better. It's easier now that I can tell people why I'm sick, but it's hard to sit in meetings and hide my sickness. I had to take Zofran twice this week for the first time and I'm glad I had it with me. I also bought a new package of Preggie Pop Drops since those seemed to help a lot.

Food...let's see...Some good news! I'm finally craving something healthy! I'm into strawberries, kiwi and cucumber. I ate 3 kiwi in one sitting in about 2 minutes. Cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches are amazing! I really wanted a Wildfire chopped salad, but we ended up going to Cheesecake Factory instead. Hopefully, I can get one soon. Still the usual carbs and pasta are staples for me too.

I also went for my first pre-natal facial today. The "got that glow" facial was very nice and I even got a mini hand and foot massage. I don't think I'm glowing, but I'm sure my skin is looking a little better now after more than a year of hormones and zits. Next up is a massage as my back is starting to hurt.

So second trimester...can you believe it? I'm still pinching myself to make sure this is real. The reality of having a baby in our house at the end of the summer is becoming more and more real to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment