Baby's the size of a plumThis is a very exciting week for baby. The vocal cords form during this 12th week, and the nails on all 20 fingers and toes form and become visible. The intestines are still growing, however they now have room to move into the abdomen area. More features in the face come into focus, such as the eyebrows and lips, and the umbilical cord helps to circulate blood as the placenta functions effectively. The brain continues to develop as it makes hormones of its own and the nerve cells multiply rapidly. Muscles start responding to the brain, which wants to, but can’t control everything just yet. As the brain and muscles develop together, natural movements such as bending of the arms, clenching and opening the fists, and twisting of the wrists and elbows becomes easier and more frequent.
Yes, I said 12! Can you believe it? : )
Some great things are happening this week and I need to share:
1. Not even one new pimple this week!
2. My third order of jeans was a success! I have at least one pair that fits now. I did a little dance in them when I tried them on.
3. Morning sickness is slowly getting better.
4. Daily migraines are now getting to be more rare.
Everything has been going great and looking forward to second trimester!
No comments:
Post a Comment