Thursday, June 18, 2015

Strawberry Mark at 1 Year

I wanted to make sure to photograph progress of her strawberry marks as she grows up so we can see how it (hopefully) fades away.  This was taken at 12 months.

This was taken at 1 month old, so they definitely got bigger.  The little red dots on her neck get darker and lighter depending on the day.  Sometimes, they show more than they do on other days.

I really expected to have more progress with the fading by now since Connor's strawberry mark was gone by the time he was about 10 months old.  I'm glad it looks like her hair is going to cover it, but I hope one day it's completely gone.  It does make her who she is, but I would hate for her to be teased about it as she gets older.

The really interesting thing is that hardly any kids say anything.  I expected more toddlers to notice, but they don't!  It's adults who used to comment more on it.  I think only one toddler asked me what it was, but she did it in such a cute and polite way that it ended up being adorable.  She was just so observant that I found it admirable.  Adults have said things that I didn't like as much, but I just brush it off.  This is who she is and we love her! :)  Anyway, I'm sure she'll have a lot more hair in the next year and they'll be covered even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment