The last 3 weeks have flown by and everything is kind of a blur now.
The first few days at home were really hard and I was super emotional. I know it was probably the hormones, but at the time, I worried that it might continue and it was just going to be too overwhelming for me. Fortunately, after things slowed down, I felt better and started to settle in to a new routine. It's been really nice that Caylee is a good baby and sleeps a lot so I can keep up on life. The more I get behind with normal things like doing dishes, laundry, reading email, etc., the more stressed I get. But since she's so sleepy, I've been able to keep up with everything else.
When I was in the hospital, all the meds and IVs made me swell up even more than I was before. My face looked disgusting and so bloated. When they weighed me, I was sad to see that I had only lost the weight of the baby and nothing else by the time I went home. I knew I shouldn't be concentrating on my weight and how I looked right away, but it was hard not to at least think about it. As Caylee's first week came to a close, I went back to the OB to make sure my blood pressure was down and make sure my blood tests were normal again. When the nurse weighed me, I was in shock...and so I weighed myself when I got home again just to be sure. Down 20 pounds! What?!?
Weight at BFP: 110
Weight at Caylee's birth: 135
Weight at 1 week post-partum: 115
I must have had way more water weight that I ever thought because I didn't even think it was possible to lose 20 pounds in a week. I thought I gained a lot more over the pregnancy just based on how I was eating and how I couldn't work out as much as I wanted to.
Even though my weight went down, I still couldn't fit into any shorts or pants because of my hips, so I ended up going out to buy a new pair of shorts. I need something besides yoga pants...maybe?
So now it's 3 weeks post-partum... I'm down another 2 pounds and I'm starting to fit into a couple pairs of jeans. Emotionally, I'm doing pretty well too. I have times when I feel overwhelmed, but I'm trying to work through them and just take things one at a time with my to-do list. The one thing that I need to get out of my head is constantly thinking about how much time I have left before I have to go back to work. I don't want to focus on it all the time, but it's hard not to have it in the back of my head. I also worry that I don't spend enough time treasuring the newborn time when I feel like I have so much other stuff to do. I want to make more of an effort to spend quality time with her and less time trying to keep up with emails and technology, but it's hard because if I don't keep up, I get stressed. The time goes so fast each day!
I'll figure it out eventually, I guess...
No comments:
Post a Comment