Height: 21 inches (25-50%)
Head: 5%
Looks like she's going to be around the same size as Connor, but maybe a tiny bit heavier. The doctor thinks she's going to be pretty slim based on her bone structure and stats so far.
Well, that went by fast! Between being in a medicated daze for the first week and figuring out how to take care of two kids, the first month went by way too fast. I decided to do the calendar photos just like I did for Connor so we can compare them and hang them in the hall.


Head: 5%
Looks like she's going to be around the same size as Connor, but maybe a tiny bit heavier. The doctor thinks she's going to be pretty slim based on her bone structure and stats so far.
Well, that went by fast! Between being in a medicated daze for the first week and figuring out how to take care of two kids, the first month went by way too fast. I decided to do the calendar photos just like I did for Connor so we can compare them and hang them in the hall.


I think she had her eyes open the most I've ever seen on the morning I took the photos!
Since Connor did sock monkey monthly photos, I decided to do photos with her first doll.
During her 1 month appointment at the doctor, I got some adorable photos! This is my new fave pic of that little precious face :)
So, the first month...
I'm in love! It was definitely a rough start to figure out how to handle my post-partum emotions and 2 kids, but it's getting a little easier. I'm seriously the luckiest mom ever to have 2 kids who both sleep a lot and are pretty low-key. Caylee still sleeps most of the day and eats about every 3 hours. She usually goes for a 6-7 hour stretch at night, so I only have to get up once to feed her. She's a little picky about breastfeeding and tends to like the right side better, but I push the left a lot so I can try to keep them even.
I'm in love! It was definitely a rough start to figure out how to handle my post-partum emotions and 2 kids, but it's getting a little easier. I'm seriously the luckiest mom ever to have 2 kids who both sleep a lot and are pretty low-key. Caylee still sleeps most of the day and eats about every 3 hours. She usually goes for a 6-7 hour stretch at night, so I only have to get up once to feed her. She's a little picky about breastfeeding and tends to like the right side better, but I push the left a lot so I can try to keep them even.
She's already met so many friends & family and been all over the place! We go out once or twice a day to run errands, shop, meet up with someone, or take walks. She actually sleeps better in her seat, so it's pretty easy to go wherever I want with her. She loves laying in bed and snuggling with Daddy. He can always get her to fall asleep right next to him! She's not a big fan of the swing so far, so she constantly spits out her pacifier for me to put back in. She doesn't like being naked, but we've had a couple successful sessions after she gets used to it and calms down. We've done a little tummy time on my chest and on her changing pad, but she can only go a minute or two before she gets upset. She actually rarely sleeps with her head straight, so she may not get a flat head like most babies.
Connor has been learning how to be a good big brother and he loves to bring her little toys or put her pacifier back in her mouth when it falls out. He needs to work on being a little more gentle, but I'm proud that he likes to share with her. We've also been emphasizing what a big boy he is, so he knows that he gets to do a lot of special "big kid" things.
I can't believe we're headed into month 2 and I'm actually the parent of two little ones! Time really does fly and life can be really crazy on some days, but I love them!
Connor has been learning how to be a good big brother and he loves to bring her little toys or put her pacifier back in her mouth when it falls out. He needs to work on being a little more gentle, but I'm proud that he likes to share with her. We've also been emphasizing what a big boy he is, so he knows that he gets to do a lot of special "big kid" things.
I can't believe we're headed into month 2 and I'm actually the parent of two little ones! Time really does fly and life can be really crazy on some days, but I love them!






Cute. Chloe has that same dolly but with her name printed on it :-)
ReplyDelete