I noticed that a lot of my friends did the "wife chop" after they got married. They grew their hair out for the wedding and then cut off a good amount after they became a wife. I thought about doing it, but I still loved my long hair and was too scared to do anything drastic.
During the next few years, I started to convince myself that I would do a "mom chop" when I got pregnant. I figured I'd be extra tired and wouldn't want to have to mess with drying such long hair. But when I got pregnant, I was still too scared to do it. I still had an attachment to my long hair. Every time I've cut a few inches off in the past, I didn't like it and wished it was long again. I kept telling my hair stylist I wanted to do it, but I had to be mentally ready. So I assumed I'd do the chop once I had the baby and had even less time to do my hair.
But now I do have a baby and I still haven't chopped! It's getting time for a hair cut and I don't think I can do it! I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail more, but it's just so easy to throw it up for breastfeeding. I love that I can just put it in a messy bun or ponytail to run out if I have to. The other thing is that I hate all the little pieces that fall out of a ponytail. And when I get back to working out hard core, that bugs me SO much!
So I think I'm still attached to my long hair! I'm still not ready to let it go!
No comments:
Post a Comment