Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 5 & First Jewish New Year


People are constantly commenting on your long skinny fingers (just like mine), so I tried to get some nice photos of our hands together.

Week 5 had some ups and downs. Most of the work week was really rainy, so we spent a lot of time inside trying to keep busy. The clouds and darkness made me really tired. Every time I saw a little peek of sun come out, I got excited! We fit in a couple walks between showers. Luckily, the weekend was beautiful with lots of sun. We had so much fun taking you to your first pumpkin patch! There were so many great photos that it's going to be on its own post.
Touchdown pose!
This hand-me-down "night gown" from your cousin Grady is pretty big, but the sleeves hanging off your arms are so cute! I was avoiding using these because I thought your feet were getting too cold. But I started to notice that some of your socks are fitting better now! Good thing you have big feet (and skinny ankles)!

You've been spitting up a LOT so I started letting you hang out in your diaper more often. It's a lot easier to clean you up with no clothes on!


I wrapped you up in a blanket one morning so you wouldn't get cold. It was adorable when you fell asleep!


A little smile?

Tongue sticking out! It took me 5 weeks to catch it on camera!


And then getting a little grumpy!
Psycho baby!

This week was your first Jewish holiday, Rosh Hashanah, which is the Jewish New Year. We went over to Grandma & Grandpa's house for the occasion.
One of your biggest fans is your great-grandpa. He absolutely loves you more than anything and always talks about you. He says every day that he gets to see you is one of the best days of his life. He finally decided he was ready to hold you. Everyone gathered around to take photos & videos as he sang you a lullaby.

As usual, everyone wanted to take turns holding you! Here's Aunt Julie and you before dessert.
Grandpa & you

Great-grandma & you after dessert
You didn't spit up on anyone either! Good boy!

Since we were celebrating Julie's birthday and your first new year, you got some carrot cake with your name on it.

Happy birthday, Aunt Julie!

I didn't get any photos, but we also went to visit Daddy at work for the first time this week. As soon as the first person went to hold you, you spit up all over Daddy's desk! Luckily, you only hit a couple pieces of paper and nothing too important! I took you around the office and you met a lot of Daddy's coworkers. All the girls loved you!

My other mission this week was to find you a winter hat. Turns out, it's a lot harder than I thought to find one that fits your little head! I've been dragging you from store to store to try on hats and find one that fits. Mommy loves looking at baby clothes so I don't mind all that shopping!

Maternity leave is now about half over and I can't believe it. I don't really feel like I'm ready to go back to work yet and deal with all that drama. It's so fun to watch your grow every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment