This week, I retired my pump.
I won't be spending time each day with this view anymore. It was actually pretty hard and bittersweet for me to do it, but it was time. That first day was really difficult, but it helped that I was busy at work. I ask my mommy friends to tell me that it was okay and I had to remind myself that I gave her over 12 months of pumped milk. Her frozen stash is getting smaller each day and she's been doing great with cow's milk and water at daycare. Of course, when I'm around she won't drink any of it, so that made me extra nervous. It feels pretty nice not to have to lug that big bag around with me, but I also feel kinda naked without it!
I've been nursing in the morning and night, so she still loves that and I don't see it stopping any time soon. She's still a mommy's girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment