Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our first night away

On Saturday night, Mommy and Daddy had our first night away without our little guy.  I've been gone one night before and Daddy has been gone before, but we've never done it together.  I knew Connor was in good hands, so I wasn't worried about him at all.  I just worried that I would miss him and I didn't want to miss spending the weekend together.  We left at naptime on Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and resting in the comfy hotel bed.  We had a yummy dinner out and then took a walk around the area before going back to the hotel. 

In the morning, I woke up early even though there was no reason to.  That's when I started to miss my baby and I wished I got to see him when he woke up in the morning.  By the time we got breakfast, I was ready to go home and see my little man.  We hurried home and found them playing outside.  I ran to him for a big hug!  

So we did it.  We survived and he survived.  I'm glad we did it, but I don't really have a desire to do it again any time soon.  I'd rather spend more time with my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment