When we got there, the kids had a chance to play and do an Elmo craft.
Connor spent much of this time vacuuming around the cafe.
I didn't even think he knew what the dustbuster was, but he picked this up and started vacuuming the floor with it.
He also played with the trains and we practiced saying, "Choo choo!"
Everyone gathered in the back as Elmo came out. Connor was a little scared at first, but I kept urging him to go closer.
He got brave, gave Elmo a high five, and then ran back to me.
Garrett started drawing Elmo a picture, so Connor joined in on the floor.
Elmo brought out a bucket of balloons that all the kids loved! I think this really helped warm up some of the kids that were more nervous about seeing Elmo.
We all took turns taking photos with Elmo. Connor was still too scared to sit on his lap, but he agreed to go if I went with him.
Finally, Connor got up the guts to go near Elmo! I told him to give Elmo his ball and he loved that idea.
Him and Elmo kept passing the ball back and forth while Connor got more comfortable.
Once he felt good, he got a big hug from Elmo!
When it was time for Elmo to go, all the kids got hugs and waved bye-bye to him.
We had so much fun! (I might have had more fun that he did!) Definitely a great experience to be so close to such a celebrity with my little guy!












No comments:
Post a Comment