Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Visit to the Dermatologist

Last week, Connor had his first visit to the dermatologist.  I've been working about the redness and rashes on his cheeks and hands and I wanted to get them checked out to see if there was anything we could do to help.  We tried a few different creams at home, but nothing really made a difference and the redness never went away.  He was a big boy in the doctor's waiting room and he spent his time "drawing" with my pen that ran out of ink.


The doctor was very sweet and offered to take off her white lab coat to make him feel more comfortable.  The nurse gave him 2 stickers to keep him occupied during the exam and he did great.  He was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis and we got a prescription for some cream to use.  She also gave me a list of some good soaps and lotions to try on his sensitive skin.

So here's his new skin regimen and things seem to be working very well.  I can tell the redness is getting lighted just in the past few days.  Somehow, he decided that the giant lotion tub is fun to play with, so he actually enjoys when I put it on him.  I put all his lotion on twice a day, and hopefully, we will see a big difference within the next few weeks.  The doctor said it's very common for this to pop up around his age and he will most likely grow out of it, so that's great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment