Thursday, January 24, 2013

Might be the luckiest mom ever...

And I probably take it for granted because I'm so used to it!

SLEEP.

It just dawned on me the other day how absolutely lucky we are.  I realized he's been going to bed at 7 pm since he was 3 months old last November and the time hasn't changed since then.  He couldn't even stay up longer if we wanted him to!

He always, always sleeps through the night.  [Runs and hides while the other moms try to stab me!]  We don't know any different in our house.  We honestly would not even know what to do if he woke up in the middle of the night.  He usually sleeps between 11-13 hours depending on if it's a workday when I have to wake him up in the morning or a weekend when he can sleep until he wakes up on his own. 

He almost always naps for about 2 hours every afternoon ever since he got on the one nap schedule over the summer.  It's an amazing thing and I love having some down time to catch a nap of my own [rarely] or get some stuff done.

Besides him being the cutest kid ever, this is why I'm a really lucky mom. :)

3 comments:

  1. I was going to comment on his excellent sleep habits after you post the other day. Peachy was and still is like that. ( Good thing to or I would have to hate you. :-) Cream on the other hand, not so much. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has always been like this too. No naps now that she's older but always my great sleeper. Benjamin is doing better but still likes to wake up at 4:30 or 5 for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lucky lucky lucky. We just sleep trained Chloe this month! Before that she was up every night at least twice usually more. Now she goes to sleep between 8 and 9 (if she's not tired by 9 we just put her down anyway) and the longest she's slept is 11 (just one time). At least her nap time is the same as your little guy but wow, what I wouldn't do for 13 hours of sleep. And the made up time for the last 17 months too!

    ReplyDelete