Thursday, September 13, 2012

My poor sick boy...and a tired Mommy

Wow.

It's been quite a day in our household.

Daddy went to Boston for two days so Mommy was in charge.  But unfortunately, things did not go as planned when Connor threw up three times while I was nursing him.  It shot out like I've never seen before and I just sat there stunned.  It was all over the bed, the wall, the mattress, the boppy, and both of us.  But he was acting completely normal, so I figured we'd try to keep going and get ready to go.  I was so stressed and there was no way I could move the bed on my own, so I left it.  Oh well.

When we got to daycare and waited for it to open, he threw up all over himself in the car.  It smelled fabulous since he'd just had his ear infection meds and a little more milk before we left.  We went into daycare and took his temperature, but it was normal.  They were perfectly fine with him staying since he didn't have a fever and I said I'd come pick him up if he was feeling sick.

Two hours later, I got the call.  I rushed back to daycare to pick up my sick baby.  He seemed to be acting happy, so we stopped at Target to pick up some pedialyte and a new FAST thermometer.  Ours is just not working for a toddler that won't sit still!

We had some lunch and then he napped for awhile.  I tried to get some work done remotely to catch up on all the crap I was missing at work.  Right after he woke up, I nursed him and then he puked two more times in his room ALL over me, the clean laundry I was putting away, and himself.  :::Sigh:::

I cleaned both of us up, but the floor of his room was disgusting.  My dad came over to play with Connor so I could start trying to clean the huge mess he created throughout the day.  It was laundry, carpet cleaner, steam cleaning vac, etc. for hours!  My parents both took turns stayed with us so I could try to get some cleaning done. 

Just as everything was getting finished and he was getting tired, Connor threw up two more times all over the carpet, hallway, and himself.  Clean up again!  I nursed him and put him to bed.  Now it's cookies and beer for dinner.  I am praying he sleeps through the night and feels better in the morning.  I can't take another day of this!  Daddy was very lucky to miss all the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your little man is sick, it must be so horrible especially alone! I hope he's feeling better now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! This sounds awful! I hope Connor is feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete