In the middle of the flu madness, we took a little time out to enjoy the amazing weather over the weekend. I needed to get out of the house, so I took Connor over to the Kite Fest and Farmer's Market right near our old house.
Connor wasn't too interested in looking at the food at the market, but he enjoyed his water while I browsed the goodies. We ended up picking a pumpkin muffin for me and some pretzel rolls for Daddy. We may have sampled a bit of one of the rolls while we played in the grass later too...


I'm also proud to say that I finally took out the infant part of the stroller so Connor could sit up like a big boy and look out ahead! That infant bucket seat doesn't work so well anymore and he's not happy being strapped in it if we're going to be walking around for a long time.
I wish it would have been easier to take a photo of this, but the Kite Festival was really cool to see. There were so many parents and young children who came out with fancy kites (and cheap Elmo kites that broke after 20 seconds). It wasn't really worth us buying a kite, but we sat on the grass and watched them fly. He even crawled onto my lap for a bit and we pointed at the big ones!
But then he got sidetracked when he figured out where his snacks were hiding in the stroller!
We met up with one of the other families from our playgroup for a bit at the playground also. The little girl is 2 so she's a lot more mobile than Connor, but they played on the swings and went down the slide together a few times. I'm loving the smushy, rubber playground floor! It's so nice that he can crawl and I don't have to worry about him falling or eating wood chips! They need more of these...




No comments:
Post a Comment