What the most fun thing Mommy & Connor can do besides shop?
Play with animals!
The park district had a new fall fest this year in a nearby park, so I thought we'd go check it out while Daddy watched football. I had no idea what to expect and I was happily surprised at what we saw...
A free petting zoo!
We haven't been to a petting zoo since Wisconsin Dells when Connor was a few months younger. He's now very aware of animals and gets very excited to point and touch them. He had a blast (of course, so did I) with the goats, sheep, ducks, big, and roosters.
I could not take enough pictures because I was just so excited at his reaction to them!
Everyone was allowed to go inside the caged area, but we stayed outside just to be safe. We still pet the animals and pointed at them from the outside.
There was also a pony ride at festival and I just ignored it at first because I figured he was too young. But then, I kept watching and realized that it was FREE, so why not? The line was a little long, but he played on the grass while we waited. So maybe I'm a bad mom for doing this with him too early and he was by far the youngest one we saw, but it just made him so happy! And selfishly, I never got to do pony rides when I was a kid and I always wanted to!
I didn't have anyone to take photos, so it was pretty much impossible to hold him on the horse and snap a picture at the same time. I only got these 3, but at least it's something. He really did enjoy it until the end (shown below). The saddle was way too big for him so I really had to hold his whole body on it.
After the pony ride, we walked around a little more and then went back to the petting zoo...
I love these two photos we took right before we left. His eyes look so blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment