Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beginning of Nursery Planning

Why do they call it a nursery anyway? It's a baby room to me, but whatever...

I've had some of this planned for years! Definitely white with lots of colors. I'm not into the dark wood that's popular now, plus I'm way too matchy-matchy to ever buy things in dark wood because I'll never find things to match perfectly. Anyway, I see lots of light and color for the room.

The first things we want to tackle are the window and closet doors. Just for fun, we looked around Home Depot to see what we both liked. Surprise! The blinds we wanted (same as our bathroom) were on sale so we went ahead and ordered them. I love the look of white wood blinds and the fancy valance on top. I think this will work better than curtains that get hairy and dirty.

We also started brainstorming for closet doors. Right now, there are full length mirror doors that are looking a little 80's. We decided on 6-panel doors, but then I was quickly reminded that they must match the doors we put in the entire house! So now we may decide to purchase all 14 new doors at the same time.

I'm also looking for some new lighting for the room. I'm still debating on either a fan or light, but definitely something bright and good for a child's room. So far, nothing is really popping out that we like, so we may go visit a few specialty lighting stores for more ideas.

Hopefully, this weekend we can get working on plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment