No, I'm not revealing our name choices. In fact, we haven't even discussed it.
I'm shocked at how many girls on the Bump have already decided on their baby names already! We're not discussing it until after we find out the gender, so we have 2 weeks to go. I spent a few weeks going through the entire baby name book and writing down the ones I liked, but it's not narrowed down at all. I feel like I need to go through a few more books just in case I missed something. Hey, I was watching tv while I looked through the book, so it's quite possible.
A lot of the names I like and that are big right now end in an "n" sound which doesn't work so well with our last name. I also probably don't want to use something super popular, but you never know what we'll decide on.
What if we come up with a name and it doesn't seem like it fits when the baby is born? Should we have alternatives just in case?
I also need to come up with a Hebrew name, but that will be a lot easier since we'll be passing down my grandma or grandpa's Hebrew name. One decision almost made!
We didn't have alternatives. PJ was going to be PJ before we knew if he was a boy or a girl, and Maggie was Maggie before we knew if she was a boy or a girl. We had Maggie or Layla before we knew PJ was a boy, and then we dropped Layla when I got pregnant again.
ReplyDelete