Monday, March 21, 2011

Saying goodbye to an era

The belly button ring era...
Unfortunately, it's time. I waited as long as I could, but I don't think I should go any longer. It's time to say goodbye to a special accessory on my body. It's been a great ten years showing you off like a true college skank.I wanted one SO bad in high school, but there was no way my parents would ever let me do it. I didn't even get my first hole in my ears until I was 16 because it was so scary.

During my freshman year in college, those cropped tank tops were all the rage at frat parties and I wanted to look hot, of course. I started working out to lose the few pounds I gained from eating in the dorm cafeteria. In the spring, I got up the guts to do it and I remember how excruciating that pain was! Cleaning it those first few days actually make me nauseous. But showing it off with my cute little shirts and bikini in the summer was the best part. I loved it!

I hid it from my parents for a couple months until I got home for the summer. On Father's Day, I was laying out in the backyard in my swimsuit and I figured it was time to spill the beans. I really didn't mean for it to be on Father's Day, but that's what happened. My mom guessed right away and my grandma was beyond shocked. I loved that I actually did something rebellious for once.

So here we go...I felt so sick doing this.
It's been with me through ups and downs, all of college, my engagement, my wedding, getting back to my awesome pre-college body, and now almost half of my pregnancy. I will miss you.This looks really weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment